The position of a Conference Producer is one of high responsibility and accountability. The challenge
of meeting deadlines, identifying the market's needs and delivering relevant products are highly
compensated for, by immense job satisfaction, intellectual stimulation, opportunity to collaborate
with senior industry leaders on a peer basis, and attractive financial rewards.
This position is best-suited for an organized and confident individual who is happy to work as part
of a team with a strategic approach to delivering innovative ideas successfully.
- Researching the viability of conference topics by conducting in-depth market research and with
senior level industry figures
- Researching details to build the conference programme by contacting cross section of the target
market through phone, desk research and meetings to determine what subjects are needed by the
- Reaching out to relevant associations and creating and running an advisory board when
- Analysis of multi-source research to write a compelling programme agenda
- Identifying and contacting potential speakers, mainly by phone, and onboarding them onto the
- Writing promotional copy for website, marketing and other promotional materials for the event
- Working with the social media team to design and implement promotional campaigns via LinkedIn,
Twitter and Instagram.
- Working with the marketing department to target the right delegates, speakers and sponsors for
- Working with Sponsorship to find leads and identify additional revenue generating opportunities
- Working with operations to ensure costs are kept at a minimum and the event runs smoothly on the
day of event
- Running the conference on the day, including opening the conference
- Be known and seen as the lead contact and strategic mind behind the conference
- Build and nurture key industry relationships with key stakeholders and associations
- Make a post conference analysis with feedback from attendees and create a post event report.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Develop content for the event website, communication and marketing
- Ability to perform under pressure and deliver on timelines
- Excellent written and communication skills
- The ability to successfully multi-task and collaborate between teams
- Interested in current affairs with a good understanding of domestic and international business
- Outgoing, energetic self-starter with a passion